Whilst researching video marketing, I came across this blog post on the 10 Video Marketing Statistics That You Need To Know In 2021 by Oberlo. Considering the blog was all about Video Marketing, I wanted to see if I can turn it into an Interactive Video.
Turning boring slideshows into Interactive Videos
Wouldn't it be great if after a lecture or class, a teacher could send their students a link to the Interactive Video of the slideshow that they didn't take any notes on? Questions and polls could be added to the overlays, notes can be taken down and all this could benefit the teacher by knowing what exactly the students are interacting with using some analytics. Well this is all possible, and here's how.
Steps I did to make this happen
Step 1 - Save all the images in the blog to a folder
Step 2 - Use Powerpoint to create a slideshow of the images
Step 3 - Export the slideshow as a video with 8 seconds intervals set as an option
Step 4 - I then downloaded a royalty free Inspirational loop from Melodyloops.com
Step 5 - I used iMovie to import the video and audio, then put them together
Step 6 - Using Digma's content management system, I imported the video and added the main content of each section to an overlay for the specific imagery used
Et voila! Now there is an interactive version of a blog post which has all the benefits of the statistics shown in the video.
These statistics may shed some light
- Interactive video creates 66% more engagement and 44% longer viewing time.
- Interactive videos are shared 29% more times and help create greater brand or product awareness by the same 29%.
- Marketers who implement interactive videos see 25% better conversion rates, 18% more leads generated, 21% more web traffic, 11% more referrals, and 14% more sales.
- Interactive content generates 4-5x more pageviews than static content.
- The click-through rate is 10X higher than a passive video.
- Interactive video provides 62% interaction rate for quizzes and 13.45% Interaction rate for chapters.
- 93% said interactive content is somewhat or very effective at educating the buyer, versus just 70% for static content.
- 43% of consumers prefer interactive video content over other types of video content because it gives them the ability to decide what information they want to view and when they want to view it.
Read more here - https://tomislavhorvat.com/interactive-video-statistics/
If you would like more information on Interactive Learning or have any questions, please Contact me here.
Author: Stuart Verschoyle